Thursday, April 21, 2011

Weightloss is hard but not as hard as

parenting. Now don't get me wrong I have two wonderful children. A daughter who is 23 and an absolute wonderful person. She is funny as heck and has great morals. I am very proud of her. She is also my best friend. I know that sounds wrong to some. But we really have fun together. We have the same sense of humor and enjoy the same things. We even plan our vacations together. We talk daily and text each other all the time. My son who is 18 is wonderful, also a very good sense of humor and also has great morals. Neither of the kids smoke, drink or drugs. He is a delight to be around and we always talk to each other and at night we watch TV together and just talk about the day. He helped me so much during my post op care by doing housework and putting my socks on since I couldn't reach over. You know it is the little things that mean the most. He has a new truck and now is wanting to grow up. Well, I do appreciate that he wants to spend time with his buddies and just hang out and stay out late. Well, I have a few rules which applies to both kids and it isn't too much to ask.(I don't think anyway). 1) Text me when you leave and text me when you get there. If you decide to go somewhere else, Text me.  I need to know where you are going and with who. 2) Be home as a reasonable time.(Daughter who lives in her own home, will even text me when she gets home even if it is 2am). I always get up a few times during the night and tinkle. So I check and I sleep better when I know she is home. My son, still is in school so I want him home fairly early. I really don't like him driving at night. Boys together at night with a car is trouble. I am giving him more freedom but he has to earn each one. But rule #1 MUST be met. I have to admit, 18 is a hard age. They are still kids, yet they believe they are all adult. I see adults in the 30's,40's and even 50's who don't act in a way that is fitting as an adult. So he gets mad when I enforce the rules. But sorry that is the way it is.

Lord loves the children. But they are our cross to bear. But I wouldn't have it any other way.

So I was saying weight loss is hard, but parenting is harder. Both are worth it in the end right?! LOL

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Unfortunately, I'm not a parent, so I wouldn't know which is harder. I do worry about my kitties, though!

Thank you for your wonderful words on my blog!

AlmostGastricBypass said...

Click on Kellys name in the post. It will get you there