Thursday, April 14, 2011

New friends for Alex

Yesterday I went to this persons house and bought two cockatiels. I brought them home in a little birdy carrier. I took the carrier over to the aviary and my Alex and these two (Paco and Blizzard) kept looking at each other. Cocking their little heads to the side and checking each other out. I opened the aviary and put the carrier on the floor and opened the door. I was going to let the walk out on their own at their own pace. Apparently it wasnt fast enough for Alex. He walked over to the carrier and stood outside the door just a cooing and talking away to them to hurry. He was so frickin happy in made me laugh out loud. They just hit it off so wonderfully. I think the two new ones will just love having an aviary as a home. Both were cage bound. I am so happy I did this.  I know, some people may think I am crazy to treat cockatiels like little people. But, they really have so much personality. My day feels so much better now that I know Alex is happy.

Also, I took my son to the dentist to have his wisdom teeth xray'd. Son has been telling me he thinks they are coming in and are starting to move his teeth. Now I spent a small fortune on braces. So no way in heck do I want this wisdom teeth to mess up his nice aligned teeth. The dentist said he should go ahead and have all 4 taken out. Okay, fine...how much out of pocket. It will cost me $590.00 bucks. Ugh. So tomorrow it is scheduled (tax day). I am dreading this weekend. My daughter had them done last year and she suffered all week. But my son is off next week for spring break, so at least he wont have to miss school.

2 comments:

Mom to the Fourth Power said...

Yay for Alex! You should post a pic of your avery... I would like to see your birds! Good luck to your son and you on taking out the wisdom teeth. The cost sucks but it'll be nice to get it done! :)

Have a fabulous day!
~Margene

The Ninja said...

Ahhh, wisdom teeth, I am 28 and still have all 4 of mine. Doc said theres no reason to take them out. I hope his recovery is swift and full of chocolate pudding :0)