Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Here is the picture that broke my heart


Ok, this is at my nieces wedding. The people you see are mostly my immediate family. They do not know that I have lost weight. This was taken about two months before I started dieting. But I am the big fat blonde, behind my lovely SIL who has the camera in her face. She is so funny. I have the weird looking shirt on. You can tell I am not looking at the person taking the picture. When I saw this picture. I cried,

Oh one great thing. As you all might remember I walk a mile and a half everyday at lunch, well it is getting easier and I am faster, so yesterday I repeated one of the big loops I walk and it turns out to be another .3/4 of a mile. So that means 2 and 1/4 miles. Yippee for me. I did it and still had time to wash off and cool off and drink within in my 1 hour lunch break. Yes baby and I am going to do it again and again at least until we get into the triple digits weather. But I will cross that bridge when the weather hits.

4 comments:

Mom to the Fourth Power said...

I have many a picture that I felt the same way! You know, you could say this is the picture that gave you a JUMP START to change your life. A picture that helped you SEE that you deserve MORE in life! A picture that helped TURNED your HEART to a new path. Because YOU are WORTH that!! And YAY to you for having the courage to make those changes! Yay for you for kicking up your walking and gettin' it done! Rock on Gracie!!

Love & Blessings...
~Margene

Unknown said...

It can be really hard looking at picture of ourselves. Actually, there aren't very many pictures of me around at all for the last 15 years or so, which is kind of sad. I always hide from the camera.

You are doing so great with your walking! Congrats!

Jacqui said...

Gracie.. I have a few of those pics too... you are doing awesome.. and will NEVER be there again! ((HUGS))

Marilee said...

That's just your "before" picture now! How wonderful.