Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Fathers day

I wish Heaven had a phone so I could hear your voice again. I thought of you today, but that's nothing new. I thought about you yesterday, and the day before that too. I think of you in silence, I often speak your name. All I have are memories and a picture in a frame. Your memory is a keepsake, from which I'll never part. God has you in his arms, I have you in my heart.

I know I printed this once for my Mom, but it also applies to my dad. The greatest man that ever lived. I love you dad.

I dont think I ever mentioned this. But when my dad died, he came to say good bye. I was sitting at my computer, (planned to go visit my dad later that afternoon). My daughters dog was sitting near me at the computer. I heard someone walking up my walk way, (my front door was open). I yelled to my son, who is at the door. Mira(my daughters dog) all of a sudden her hair stood up on her back and she was looking down the hallway near the front door and she crouched a bit and started barking. I went to the front door to see who was there. I asked my son who was at the door. He said no one. I looked at him and said, I heard footsteps. So I went outside looked around and no one was there. I was really astonished. I would have sworn some one came. I went to the computer and laughed to my son, we need to contact Ghost Hunters, I think Mira is a ghost chaser. I just sort of laughed it off. But, it bothered me. Later on, my daughter came home and I retold the story to her. She laughed at her dog.

Later that day, maybe 2 hours later, I called my dad to see if he needed me to stop off at the store for him before I came over. No one answered the phone.  My dad was hard of hearing, so I called again in a couple of minutes and let it ring forever. He didnt use an answering machine. I told my daughter, my dad isnt answering the phone. She and I both looked at each other and immediately panicked. We drove over (he lives(d) about 5-10 minutes away). The entire time driving there, I was calling. Trying not to allow the panic to engulf me. We drove up to his house, he lives(d) on a hill. As soon we got out of the car, I could hear the TV, he listened to it loud. So, I get out and Ash starts to run to the house, and I said, Ash, the TV is on so everything is ok, dont scare him running in. So we, both walk in and find him in his recliner, and he was gone. I called 911, the paramedics came and said there was nothing they could do, in fact he passed away about a couple of hours ago. Between sobs, Ash and I looked at each other and instantly knew it was him.

2 comments:

Mom to the Fourth Power said...

Wow, Gracie... that gives me goose bumps. It must have been hard to find him. I can feel how much you miss him. I bet he's so proud of you! I bet he'd want you to know how much he loves and misses you.

I hope you enjoy this day, even in missing your dad. We can both celebrate our fathers!!

Blessings...
~Margene

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing, moments like this are powerful. What a beautiful story, however chilling - it was just him visiting and saying goodbye. You now have an *angel*, be blessed!