Friday, October 7, 2011

Me Me Me Me Me

Why is it we always put ourselves last. We want everyone else to be happy, and we forget about ourselves.
I have put other's happiness in front of mine, sometimes even to the point of me being unhappy because of it. Why is it that it always seems to me that no one else is putting my happiness first.  Geez, I even feel guilty if I think of putting me first. So much so, that I feel it is wrong of me to even think of me. (Does that even make sense?)  Is it so wrong to want to be happy?  Do we ever find true happiness or is it just a myth?(At least while we are on this earth). 

2 comments:

betty said...

I think true happiness is a myth. I think contentment would be a good one to go for this side of eternity, yet I struggle with that; forgot happiness, LOL. I don't know why we women (I think it is a women trait more than a man trait, and a mother trait more than a single woman or childless woman) put others before ourselves, but we do. I know what you are saying here, I have no answers but I truly do understand.

On that note though, the weather should be nice this weekend, so go out and do something just for you!!!! that you will like and make you happy!!!

betty

Mrs. Bradley said...

I think happiness is a moving target. It is what I work towards on the regualr, but sometimes it feels like the target keeps moving.