Monday, November 21, 2011

No way!

No way can this be Thanksgiving week. Yikes !!!! I went to Wal-Mart and Costco this weekend and it was packed. I do the bulk of my shopping on line. It makes my life so much easier. My kids are older so it is much easier to buy for them as they pretty much just tell me what they want. They are not shy.

Sunday I signed up for the new gym. It seems like it will work just fine for me. I did an hour on the treadmill then did a "Hydromassage". It  is like laying on a waterbed except the water is just down the middle. It hits you right down the spine. Then it is a hot water rolling thingy that rolls up and down your body. But it is really hard so it is almost like a deep tissue massage except with out the pain. Wow, it was nice. I think I could get hooked to this. It comes with the membership. I did it for 10 minutes. But you can go for 20 minutes. It is in a little room with light dimmed and really pretty.

I am hoping that I can walk for an hour at lunch (3 miles) then do the treadmill for 1 hour (3 miles) and maybe that will boost my diet into action. (fingers crossed). Or it will kill me!?! joking.

2 comments:

betty said...

Way that it is Thanksgiving! Can you believe it? It is easier once the kids get older to buy things for them (more expensive too LOL). Thank God son likes gift cards!

Good for you with the new gym! That hydromassage sounds good! Vary your routine on the treadmill, vary the speed you go, the incline you go, etc. I do that on the treadmill and the elliptical and I think that has helped me reduce a few pounds, confuses the body that way I think!

have a good day!

betty

Julie said...

I wish I could go shopping on line. It would be so cool. For a while I did get my drugs and vitamins on-line.
New gym and that massage sounds awesome. I wish we had that. I love my gym so no complaints but to have a massage would be awesome.
Have a great and blessed Thanksgiving.