Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Whats next????????

Its been so warm, and today will be darn right hot. Triple digits. Yesterday, I get home from work and I am so warm, I am looking at the pool and I hear it calling me in.... So, first I want to make a pitcher of Iced Tea and I get that going. Then I realize I should get a load of laundry going..then I'm gonna go swimming. Right!?! Wrong,  I am walking back into the house when I noticed a Firetruck in front. I told my son, who went to look and said there is also an ambulance. Oh, no..... I go out and they are at my neighbors across the street. (Next to the cat lady's house). I have lived in this neighborhood for 25 years, with the same neighbors the entire time. So I run over and I am standing there with two other neighbors just waiting to see what happened. I know the husband is retired, and the wife just came home from work, like I did.

The wait was awful, finally they bring him out on a stretcher. We walk over to the wife who had just come outside. She stated that when she came home, she found him down with altered mental status. Apparently he had a stroke. I have to assume it was hours ago, since she said he was still in his PJ's. NOT a good sign. As most people know, stroke patients have the golden hour rule. This was hours past that. She was in shock, I couldn't let her drive to the hospital, so I took her. I waited with her until her daughter showed up.  She kept saying that I didn't have to wait with her. I said yes I do, I am not going to  leave you alone.  Her daughter came at the exact moment they called her back.  So I went home.

Later that night, maybe an hour later.. She called my neighbor next door, and he came over and told me that they didn't expect him to make it thru the night. He had a bleed, which they couldn't stop. I feel so bad, they are the most loving couple around. They travel a lot together and do gardening together. Just the sweetest. I feel so bad for the family.



****Update, Jerry did pass away last night at 11:00). please send a little prayer for his family as I know they are in pain.**************

3 comments:

Mom to the Fourth Power said...

That is so sad. I can't think of anything comforting to say except I pray she will be comforted and it all will turn out for the best in the end. Life is so hard but so worth it. I hope you can feel peace too.

Blessings...
~Margene

Krystle kjb Bailey said...

Wow..what a sad story :( Sent a prayer for the family. You are a good neighbor!!

-Krystle

Unknown said...

I am so sorry to hear about your neighbor. I'll be praying for his family and friends!