Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Heatwave

Wowza, yesterday was frickin hot as heck. And that was to be the coolest day of the week. The rest of the week will be triple digits. Yesterday at lunch, I took a different path for my walk. I need to get far away from work. Just needed a change of scenery. It was hot, on the way back from my walk I stopped at the ED and they have a water and Ice machine and I grabbed a cup of ice and chewed it back to my office. It was a great help. Then I drank a couple of tall cups of Iced tea within a few minutes.

Today, I will most likely walk in the parking structure. It is boring, there are only so many cars I can admire as I walk. But, it will be so much cooler than hitting the streets.

Last night I get home and my darling son had the AC on for me..aaawww.. But after a while I just had to go for a swim, that pool was calling  my name... I am sure it will again tonight. 

We have a little garden growing in our backyard. Last night I  peeled and diced up some butternut squash and roasted it with some carrots. It was so yummy. Its fun cooking what you grow. Our tomatoes are so much better than store bought. Heck, I just might do it again tonight but maybe add some salmon. I buy my salmon at Costco. Its a big fillet, then I slice it up in about a 2.5 to 3 inch steaks and freeze them individually. So I just grab a bag when ever I want my salmon. It is so nice.  I love me some seafood, especially salmon.

Wednesday and Thursday the plastering crew are going to stucco the rental. I must say, I really feel sorry for them. It will be unbelievable hot. Well, I guess thats why the get the big bucks.


1 comment:

betty said...

Thing is we are so spoiled; a lot of people have been living in the extreme heat all summer and we're just getting a taste of it this week for a few days. Having said that, I keep wishing we had AC at times :)

How neat with the garden; always tastes good grown at home!

stay cool and hydrated!!

betty