Monday, January 9, 2012

Yikes back to work.

Ok, my first day back, still feeling under the weather, and someone called out sick.(Surprise? no!).
Crazy as all get out. But, I will manage.


This weekend, I felt like soup, so I cooked up some ground turkey, sauteed it with onion, carrots and celery. Then I threw it in the crockpot with shredded cabbage and mushrooms, canned tomatoes and added low sodium chicken broth. I added my salt and pepper, lots of pepper and garlic and onion powder and bay leafs.


It cooked all day, then I added some chickpeas to it. My son ate it and said it was the best soup he had ever had in his life. Say what! Yeah baby, that made my day. I loved it too, but I will eat anything with veggies. So to hear him say THAT was just awesome.


I bought a water fall for my desk, you know the little ones that have little rocks and it suppose to be soothing. I really like it but, I kinda have to tinkle more?!... Granted I do drink a lot, water and diet coke and then of course my HMR shakes. But the sound of water kinda of does make me tinkle more....oh well, I will get use to it.


Since, I have been a bit sick, I went for a small walk today. I am sure I will be very tired when I get home today. But, thats ok, I can go to bed early if need be.  I miss my dog Dakota, she has been by my side for the last two weeks. She follows me and sleeps by me. If I am in one room of the house and move to another, she will follow me, then lay down. If I move to another room, she gets up follows me and then lays down there.

1 comment:

betty said...

that first day back after a vacation is always tough, especially if you are still not feeling well! But that soup sounds delicious! Glad even your son liked it!!

betty