Thursday, May 17, 2012

OK, so I am not going to complain.

Well I lost another 1.5 lbs, apparently my body sucks. I think that brings the total to almost 11 lbs since I started this program. The new medication though does make me feel better. The MD did say that it will take a couple of weeks for it really starting to take affect/effect (which one do I use?) on the hormonal issues. So, God grant me patience's.

Tonight I am going to try my hand at the shirataki noodles again but this time Italian style. Hmm, cant wait. Next weekend is Memorial weekend and I will get 5 days off. (The Monday is my birthday). So the kids and I plan on doing a few things those days for fun. They deserve it too, finals will be over and their summer will start.

Yesterday my daughter called me and said she was doing some yard work and heard a rattlesnake. She said when she was raking near this ivy she heard it. She at first wasn't sure, so she did it again and sure enough it rattled again. Her little brother(6ft tall little brother) came over and he did the same thing and it did it again. But because it was in ivy they never saw it. Of course, I am telling them stay away, bring the dogs in and close all the doors. She lives in a area called Santee, and right near the lakes and hills. During the summer, these dang snakes are literally slithering everywhere in the streets and yards. Ugh it scares me so.  I called animal control and they said they would come out if they saw it and new exactly where it was. Well they never saw it. I also, took down a number of a guy that will come out and take care of it. But, its not cheap, like a couple hundred dollars. Yikes. I told her to get her BB gun out and keep it handy. Heck, I didnt know what else to do... It scares me soo.

1 comment:

betty said...

Oh my gosh with your daughter and the snake!! I didn't realize Santee was known for rattlesnakes (make mental note, do not move to Santee). But really, when we lived in Murrieta, there were rattlesnakes around us too. Two houses down from where we lived (mind you we are in the city) there was a rattlesnake in the backyard. She did day care and the kids were outside. It was in bushes by the BBQ. When she realized the snake was out there, she got the kids inside, the dog wouldn't come in but finally did. Called 9-1-1, fire men came; said they couldn't kill it because it was an endangered species, could capture it and move it but that's about it. The interesting thing is we had road runners in the neighborhood, I guess roadrunners hunt snakes. Anyway, the road runner that morning was in her backyard a lot and was hitting against her window; she thought it was crazy or something, but I truly think the roadrunner was warning her about the snake and I truly believe God sent that roadrunner to do so. (they were people of faith). Anyway, I always looked very carefully before going outside.....

Congrats on the 1.5 pounds gone. It will happen; it will come off, just keep on plugging away!

How exciting to get some time off from work and to celebrate your birthday too!!!

thank you for your kind words about my picture; you really are tooo sweet :)

betty