Saturday, July 16, 2011

Sporadic posting

I use to be so good about posting everyday. But, things seem to be falling down around me. Still dieting, just came back from my 6.5 mile walk this am. I needed time to myself and to think. My brother is starting chemo on Wed. He has been staying at my parents house since he works here also at hospital for 30 years. But he and his wife actually have a home in AZ. Well now with this evil cancer, he wants to sell my parents home and then retire. I can see his point, but the housing market is really bad now and we would lose so much money. But, his point is that he doesn't know how much time he has, wants the money for his family and to enjoy life and retire. But, there are 3 other siblings who will lose big. I feel guilty for feeling this way..I cant even think straight anymore. Also, selling the house that I grew up in, the house that made me.....the house that was always home is killing me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a tough decision! :( I would recommend taking more time and group input before a final answer. Sending prayers, my friend..... Enjoy those walks, it might be the only thinking time you get!

wannabe former fatgirl said...

Thats rough, you are doing well in dealing with it though! I am thinking about selling my house right now and it has been stressful. I hope everything works out.

Anonymous said...

Tought place to be in. Can you and your other siblings buy him out? Just a thought...

LUCK!

Bluezy said...

Gracie, I really have a great deal of respect for you being able to get out and about with such a heavy amount of stress and sorrow around you. I realize that my mental trigger to stress is to eat and veg and go into a denial state. Lots of movies and food. Lately I have had a minimal amount of stress and I defeat myself by doing cookies and carbs...

mira and deke's mommy said...

evolution u r a genius. i would suggest the same thing to an extent. maybe even buy out all siblings so there is no risk of damage or change of ownership to the house that has so many memories