Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Wonderful weather

Well, about 2 weeks ago I went to Costco. I wanted to start getting some healthy food for work. So I bought the bag of spinach, egg whites, mushrooms, romaine, carrots, mushrooms, peppers. Yum! The I thought I should get a case of water. So I put the case in my cart. Wasnt nuthing since it was on a tall stack and just lifted it down. I check out and bring it to my car. I then screwed up. I lifted it up from the deep cart and put it in my trunk. Yep, really stupid. Ouch... First off, I am not suppose to lift anything. Well yes, I hurt myself. First I thought I sure hope I didnt get a hernia.

So, a few days later I decide maybe I should see my Doctor cause the pain didnt go away. Well she checked me for a hernia. Do you know how they check a woman for a hernia.

Folks it not fun. Fingers go every where. And yes, she does ask me to cough. No hernia thank God. Just a torn muscle. Rest and Ice.  Lordy I learned my lesson.

I am really excited to go back to work. I miss my coworkers and bosses. But, I dread the morning traffic and getting up at 5am.  But it will feel great to go for my lunch walks again.

2 comments:

betty said...

It has been beautiful weather this week. Glad it was "just" a torn muscle and not a hernia!!!

betty

Kari said...

Ouch! That's definitely no fun! Get better!

Kari