Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Crazy busy

Well things have been a bit hectic. The bosses left for their vacation and when they do they leave me a ton of things to do while they are gone. Not including my normal job. Buttheads, lol. But I have been walking and walking. I even went and bought me some new walking shoes at Roadrunner. I love their shoes, but hate their prices. Yikes. But, Saturday I walked Lake Murray, which is about 6.5 miles. Then I took my Dakota out for a long walk. By the end of the day, I had over 20K steps. That is a first for me ever....

Yesterday was my sons first Jury duty ever. I actually took him and then dropped him off after showing him the ropes. I then came home and thought wow I might have an actual peaceful quiet day.  Wishful thinking I say. First, I took care of the doggies, Dakota with her shot, then Luke with is Prednisone and ear drops. He has a yeast infection in his big ole droopy ears. He shakes his head some much it cause his ear to swell, it looks like a cauliflower ear. Poor baby. Then after that I gave all the dogs a flea treatment. Then I cleaned the kitchen. Then I did a couple of loads of laundry. Then I vacuumed. Then I went to Costco. Then I went to pick some food up for my boy and picked him up from his lunch break at Jury duty. I asked him what time do you have to go back. He said, he is done. They released everyone who wasnt called in the morning. He said only one group was ever called. Wow he was so lucky. I have never been released that early.

So, I bring him home. It was really hot yesterday, near 90 degrees. I was thinking it sure would be nice to take a nap near the fan. But some reason, I just couldn't rest. So, I went to Smart and Final to pick up some Torani's sugar free syrups and tea bags. Then I headed to the gym. I wanted to try out my new shoes I got on Sunday. So I hit the treadmill. I did 3 miles and ummm, my feet hurt. I should have taken it slowly on working in my new shoes. Oh well. Yesterday I hit over 10K steps. Yeah me!

3 comments:

Mom to the Fourth Power said...

Wow... you are getting so much walking in! I got tired just reading about your day. I know what you mean about working your shoes in... I hope your feet get to feeling NOT sore way soon here. It's amazing that you went to the gym instead of having a nap. What a way to rock it, girl! Good for you!!

I hope you have a good rest of the week despite all that extra work you have. Hang in there, my friend! :)

Love,
~Margene

betty said...

Was just thinking about you this morning since I hadn't seen an update from you in a bit. I haven't been to Lake Murray in years; we used to go there fishing when I was younger but we never caught anything :)

Great with the walking and the steps too!!

While the boss is away, I guess the employees can't play if they give you lots of extra stuff to get done.

Jury duty! I got called last year in August, just spent a morning down there and then excused for the week. My company paid me, I read a book during the time and I kept hoping I would get sequestered, LOL :) Good for your son for doing is civic duty!

betty

gracies tough journey said...

LOL Betty you crack me up.... I would love to be sequestered too. A week would lovely.

Margene, I am missing your post. Hope everything is ok with you! You are my inspiration for walking girlfriend! Some day I might even run????