Friday, July 5, 2013

Well heck

You'd think I would be a pro by now on surgery. But, each time gets tougher. But, with each passing week I get better. My surgery went well, I had to stay 3 days and 2 nights. It was really really painful. The hernia had grown quite large and they did put a mesh in, but due to the size they had to use these buttons as stitches. It was gross. As time went by the buttons started to cut into my skin and was awful. I couldn't move much or they would just slice into me. But I survived and they were removed today. I am so grateful. Now, I can start walking again and swimming again. We have had 90 plus degree weather and all I could do was stay inside. But now all of that is behind me. Monday, my daughter and I are going to start walking at the lakes. I will need to get there by 6 to 7 am before the heat rises. Its nice because the lakes (7 total) has a defined walking path with 1K, 3K, and a 5K. These lakes are all flat walking, not like the one I use to do which was a 6.3 mile hike and hilly. Gosh, I miss those days. I felt so good about myself then.  I know it will be slow for me, but I am excited to get started.  Julie, I am so thankful to have you as a friend. I know your prayers are helping me. God Bless.

2 comments:

Debsdailylife said...

So glad to hear youre on the mend!!!

Julie said...

I am so happy to read you are doing better. I was a bit worried but glad you are healing and able to start moving. Just remember to take it easy cuz those things do tear and whatnot. So just take it slow and easy and finish healing before to much extra.
Take care my friend and do have an awesome and blessed day.